What Every Lawyer Should Know About Privacy and Cybersecurity Law
Despite increased awareness around the world of the importance of data security, cyberattacks show no signs of slowing down.
Meanwhile, privacy and cybersecurity law is changing rapidly, with lawmakers, regulators, and courts constantly developing new regulations and compliance obligations.
The annual PLI Institute on Privacy and Cybersecurity Law – now in its 23rd year – offers a deep dive into this critical and dynamic area of law.
Topics covered at PLI’s 2-day conference will include:
- The latest developments in US privacy frameworks, including the California Consumer Privacy Act, California Privacy Rights Act, Virginia Consumer Data Privacy Act, and Colorado Privacy Act
- Current Federal and State Enforcement Priorities
- Emerging laws outside of the US, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation and new privacy laws in India, Brazil, and China
- How Remote Work Risks Affect Employee Privacy and Monitoring Worldwide
- Strategic approaches to privacy and cybersecurity risk in corporate transactions
- Ethical issues and cyber risk management in the use of information and technology
- Privacy and security considerations related to AI, biometrics, cyber insurance, and other trending technologies
- Approaches to address cybersecurity challenges
- An overview of the latest privacy and data security disputes
This program is ideal for any attorney or professional who provides advice on privacy and information security strategy, compliance, and risk management issues. Register today.